The land for this eight-acre park was originally purchased in two parcels by the Sheridan School District in 1958 and 1966. The properly was first leased to the South Suburban Park and Recreation District in 1971. One parcel was deeded to South Suburban in April 1973. Improvements were made in 1974 with a grant from the Colorado Division of Parks and Outdoor Recreation with a matching share from South Suburban. The second and remaining portion of land was deeded to South Suburban in 1980. The park and adjacent elementary school is named after Alice Bodine Terry. Alice taught at Fort Logan Elementary School starting in 1932, later she became the Principal, and then finished as the Superintendent of the elementary school district in 1961.